Just in time for the summer – we’re calling back a SABS classic cocktail. Time to mix up The Carleton’s Sunburn Sangria!
It’s always a treat going to The Carleton Bar & Grill in Halifax, Nova Scotia – especially when Cape Breton’s own Gordie Sampson is playing.
Sure he lives in Nashville, Tennessee now, but he always makes a point to play The Carleton when he’s back in the homeland, so it’s no surprise they’ve created a cocktail in his honour.
Talented mixologist/comedian Ian Black was kind enough to create the SUNBURN SANGRIA on camera for SEA AND BE SCENE TV’s Spring Specials back in 2015 and we’re thrilled to post this SABS classic cocktail here on EAST COAST CURATOR as well.
Directions & Ingredients for 1 serving
- Fill large wine glass with ice
- Pour in 1/2 oz of Malibu Rum
- Add 1/2 oz of SOHO Lychee Liqueur
- At the same time add a 3 count of fresh orange juice and fresh pineapple juice
- Float a fresh orange wheel on top of ice
- Top with your favourite red wine til near full
- Garnish with a maraschino cheery and enjoy The Carleton’s SUNBURN SANGRIA!
For more information on The Carleton Bar & Grill visit thecarleton.ca
For more on Gordie Sampson visit gordiesampson.com